Friday, December 9, 2016

Start Anew

Read: 1 Corinthians 16:13-14 (NIV)

13Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. 14 Do everything in love.

Reflect:
Every morning we are blessed with the opportunity to influence the course of our day. Will we address our weaknesses and make needed changes today? Will we uplift our friends and family in our words and actions? Will we set a positive example and inspire others to follow? It takes strength and conviction to walk in faith, especially when faced with challenges and conflict in our daily lives. Like many, I sometimes lose my way and need to reset my thoughts and actions. I can get distracted with things that are petty and I am taken off course when I do not focus on my faith. In light of this, I use each morning to start anew and remind myself that God has a plan for me and every decision I make should be made from a place of love and kindness. Coming to Stafford Crossing is one way that I fill my emotional and spiritual “tank” when it is empty. I feel renewed, stronger, and better able to live the life I know I am meant to.

Act:
May we remember that the challenges we faced yesterday do not have to be the ones we face tomorrow. Focus your energy on your faith and you will find your strength.

Pray:
Lord, thank You for the many blessings you provide and for always being my guiding light. Thank You for reminding me that I am capable, brave and resilient when I follow You.

Melissa Cohen

No comments:

Post a Comment